Thursday, July 13, 2017

Unlucky/Lucky

3.37lbs Ish's Phat (Brown)
6:15-6:45 GOMH NE SW
7:30-9:15PM Start Spot & Inlet Bay
Conditions: 63℉, Mostly Cloudy, Light NW Wind
Water Temp: 72℉
15" SBKO
16" SBKO
A good start to the night with two quality fish at the GOMH.  Then my luck ran out when I went down on the SW side and a toothy stole one of my black/herring bone Shower Blows knock offs.  If it surfaced I didn't see it. Bummer!
17.25" Ish's
I then went out in the Trophy heading up just East of the starting spot.  On my very first cast I scored the big one of the night.  It was in a rice pad transition.  The only fish I got out of the thick stuff.  I got a 15.5" in the reeds out front of the inlet on the Terminator Popper.  I lost a good fish on the Chinooki out by the reeds as well.  I wasn't prepared for it and didn't get a good hookset.  I had a good size pike come out of the water after the Terminator Poppin' Frog on a reed point.  I also caught a small pike on the  Terminator Popper.
Cool sunset
Only 4 Bass Tonight
4 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: