Thursday, July 27, 2017

Frog Fishing With Todd Morning & Evening

4.05lbs Terminator Frog
5:40-9:00AM East Of GOMH & Loon Sex Bay
Conditions: 59-74℉ and Humid, Sunny, Calm
Water Temp: 76℉
15.25" Ish's Frog
So I headed out for SPSI first thing.  Todd missed a hit in the pads at the base of the point. That was the only bite we got there this morning.  We moved off the point and started throwing Ploppers, nothing.  I got close enough to the slop East of GOMH that started throwing the Terminator Frog into it.   He missed the first two or 3 bites.  I got a 12" dink which I weighed on the Ish's Frog.  The toad missed Todd's frog the first time.  He caught the fish about 3 minutes later when it absolutely choked it.  Todd then got a 15.25.  I took us to the pads across from SPSI and Todd missed a bite and I had a pike miss me.  We then went to Loon Sex Point where I got the 15.25.  I think Todd missed one.  I might have missed one as well.  I caught a dink across from the point in some light rice.  Belle caught two nice sunfish and took them off herself when we were out.  The key this morning was being in pads.

We quit fishing at 9.  When we got back to the lake place I elected to go home instead of go back out fishing.  It had warmed up to the point that it was to warm to be wearing jeans.


23.75" Ish's Phat Frog (Brown)

7" Some Jig w/Pink Plastic
I came back at 11:30AM and took Belle out tubing for a while.  We came back in and Belle had lunch.  I caught a 8 inch bass I didn't take a picture of on the Puddle Jumper and the pumpkinseed off the dock.  I got the pike from shore at the neighbors to the West.  At about 2PM I took Belle back out tubing as Sherman our neighbor to the East was taking his grand kids out tubing and swimming on their pontoon.  Two of his grand daughters are about the same age as Belle.  When Belle noticed they had stopped tubing she directed me to go over by them and see if she could go swimming with them.  Not only were they fine with that, but they said they would bring Belle back in with them.  That was OK with me because I needed to get some rest.  So I went and told Todd what was up and went back in and went home.  I didn't think to look and see how much gas was left.  That little error ended up costing me fishing time and one wasted trip the next day.
Todd out fishing in the Trophy when I got back to the cabin
  
 There was enough gas left that I took the 3 girls out tubing and swimming for about 25 minutes.
3.21lbs Mad Max (Bluegrass)
8:45-9:15PM East Of Jenny's
Conditions: 78℉, Sunny, Calm
Water Temp: 80℉
Belle decided not to go out with us.  I headed us over towards the spot East of Jenny's where I got the two bass the other night.  I think I had a pike miss my frog at that spot.  However at a spot a little ways down there was a small school.  I got a 15/16 bass all the way to the boat before it jumped off.  I then got a 17.75" bass and Todd got this 16.5"
2.73" Terminator Frog
I then didn't get much of a hook set into another good fish, I'm thinking 17+, that got off and that was it for the school.  Darn that pontoon boat that distracted me and had me thinking about getting the nav lights on when the fish hit.  Had a couple more bites from pike.  The skeeters came out and we were done.  I left the gas tank in the boat, so Todd could use it in the morning if he wanted.  I should have just went and got more gas right then.
Best 6 Bass for the Day
Those two fish I dropped in the evening really hurt our best 6 weight for the day.

9 Bass
4 Pike
3 Sunfish

No comments: