Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Little Better Fishing This Morning

4.12lbs Craw Tube (Grn Pumpkin)
5:45-9:45AM West Point, SPSI, GOMIT, SSBI in the Trophy
Conditions: 53-73℉, Mostly Sunny, Calm to Light SE Wind
Water Temp: 73℉
I made a last second decision to go to the Trophy and not to shore fish at the GOMH.
Once on the lake I made a last second decision to go to West Point first and was quickly rewarded with two 14 inchers (14.33, 14.25) on the Shower Blows knock off.
14.25" SBKO
I missed a couple of hits on the SBKO.  Got one that was just short of 12" on a green pumpkin craw tube and missed a few bites on that as well.
18.5" Craw Tube (grn. pumpkin)
Next I headed to SPSI.  Nothing went for my topwaters, so I threw the craw tube in the reeds.  I lost a fish that felt very pike like.  Then I had a fish pick it up and drop it right before I set the hook.  I threw back and the big girl picked it up.  I also got a 14.25" on the craw tube casting out toward the buoy.  I had a fish pick up and drop the craw tube a few times just beyond the buoy.  I think I annoyed that fish (15.25) into biting the Whopper Plopper 90.  I also got a small pike on the Plopper.

I then headed to the GOMH and got a 10" on the SBKO and a 12" on the Whopper Plopper 90.  I also got a 12" on the craw tube.  I moved East of the GOMH.  I had a couple of fish boil on the Ish's frog, but not eat it.  I went back to the SPSI and got another small pike on the Whopper Plopper 90 and that was it.  I then went to the South shore of the big island.  I got a small bass and pike there on the LiveTarget Bluegill.  The fish had pretty much been shut off for the past two hours, so I called it a day.
12.01lbs for my Best 6
11 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: