Monday, July 31, 2017

Morning With Mal & Todd/Evening Slow With Just Me



6:00-9:00AM East of Jenny's, Across from the public access
Conditions: 58-76℉, Mostly Sunny, Calm to light SW Wind
Water Temp: 78℉
18"/3.57lbs Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
Todd's alarm didn't go off.  I got my stuff in the boat then went and woke them up.  We headed to the rice patch I heard that blow up in yesterday.  Somewhat unbelievably we didn't have a single blow up in the area.  I worked us out toward the pad point.
15.6"/2.46lbs Mad Maxx
I got this fish, a 15 incher, and a 16.75" there.  Todd missed a bite or two and I had a similar sized good bass get off.  We didn't get anything as we worked to the rice on the tip of Jenny's reeds.  I then took us to the area across from the public access.  I caught the below chow monkey along the cane.
16.75"/2.93lbs Mad Maxx (Bluegrass)
I think Todd missed a fish out in the pads as I fished down the cane.  I got a 15.75" in the reeds and pads.  Todd switched to a different color Terminator Frog.  I was amazed there was nothing on the isolated rice patch.  I did drill the 18 incher off of the rice point with cabbage that is just to the west of the isolated patch.
18" Mad Maxx
I then got a 17.75" that didn't quite make 3lbs.  I had a bass miss Maxx.  I cast to the area to show Todd where to cast.  I then started reeling as fast as I could so the bass wouldn't come after my frog except it did and the darn thing got the lure.  It got off.  Todd then had a big fish blow up on his frog, but his line broke when he set the hook. Probably a pike.  We were unable to locate the frog.  I had a small pike go after Maxx and miss.  On Todd's last cast he had a fish blow up his frog, but it got off.  We ended up fishing 10 more minutes.  We stopped at the pad point on the way in and Todd again missed a blow up, so he didn't catch a fish.  I should of had Mallory net my fish, oh well.
16.93 Best 6 Fish for the morning
Not a bad morning for me.  I went and got more gas while Todd and Mal had breakfast.  I took Mal out tubing for a couple of hours and caught a small perch off the dock.
7 Bass
1 Pike
1 Perch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Trip
17.5"/3.26lbs Mad Maxx(Big Sexy)
7:15-9:15PM Inlet Bay
Conditions: 78-74℉, Sunny, Light SW Wind
16.25" Mad Maxx (Big Sexy)
 So I decided to hit the area along North Platte Lake Road that I don't think I fished once in the month of July.  I got one 12" bass on the Bluegrass Maxx and then I lost it to some reeds when I tried to pull it free.  I couldn't find the thing, bummer.  I tied on a Big Sexy.  I got the 16.25" just as I was about to bounce. The wind was coming into the rice perfectly and the stuff looked phenomenal.
3.26lbs Mad Maxx

Got her where the open water meets the rice wall and scrub weeds 
 I kept fishing this stuff getting one more bass bite and also had a pike hit.
16.5" Mad Maxx
Unbelievably I didn't get a hit in the final 45 minutes I fished.  I expected a monster to blast me at any moment, but it didn't happen.
18.25lbs Best 6 for the Day
4 Bass
1 Pike



No comments: