Sunday, July 23, 2017

Slow Again This Morning

As I arrived this morning
5:45-10:00AM West Point, GOMHIT, EoGOMH, Channel Inn Bay
Conditions: 60-68℉, Mostly to Partly Cloudy, Wind NNW, Water level still rising
Water Temp: 75℉
10.75" SBKO
I got this dink and a pike on the craw tube off of west point.  Also missed a couple of pick ups on the CT.  I then went to SPSI and got nothing.  I then went to the GOMH. I got a 20" toothy right away on the SBKO.  I got a couple of dink jumpers on the craw tube and Jerk Shad.  Missed a couple of pick ups on the CT as well.  The panfish guy was there fishing the SW side.  He hasn't been getting any silvers.  I wasted to much time fishing here.  I then fished my way out.
16" Whopper Plopper 130 (Sexy Shad)
I decided to try East of GOMH along the wind transition and I had this 16" smack the Whopper Plopper. I then had a fish miss it and got a 14.75" pretty quickly.
16" Horny Toad (Pumpkin/red fleck)
I then had another 16" jump all over the Horny Toad and I thought I was in business.  That was my last hit for at least an hour.
The kind of water I was fishing
I really could use a few of those Sprinker Frogs as they are perfect for the type of cover we've got here now.  I got one last 14" in the general area this picture was taken in.
As I was taking my tackle out of the boat this morning, I stepped up onto the casting deck while grabbing the tub of plastics with the green bag in my right hand and red bag over my back. I lost my balance and fell out of the boat where the red bag is sitting. Lucky because I wasn't injured in the least. Lucky because the water is up about 10 inches in the past week and without that I would have definitely landed in the water instead. And lucky because normally there are between two and five rods sitting where the black bag is when I take my tackle out.

That is the story of how my day ended.
9.52lbs for my 6 Best
Not a particularly productive morning.  Oh well.
7 Bass
2 Pike

No comments: