Saturday, July 29, 2017

Slow Morning/ Got Into Some In the Evening

17" Mad Maxx (Big Sexy)
6:00-11:00AM East of Jenny's, Across From Platte Access
Conditions: 58-78℉, Sunny, Calm to Light SW Wind
Was a little slow on getting out of the house this gorgeous morning. I headed over East of Jenny's and got smacked on that pad point by this bass.
16.1"/2.62lbs Mad Maxx(Bluegrass)
I then had a pike steal the frog on quite the blow up and it didn't resurface.  While I was looking for the frog a fish revealed itself itself big time in the rice to the East.  But I was an idiot and didn't go and see if I could catch it.  Instead when I got back to fishing I went West.   I lost a fish over by Jenny's when I didn't get a great hookset on the Ish's.  I got a pike on the custom painted Shower Blows knock off.  I then went to West Point. Nothing on Top and had something pick up the jig, but when I set nothing was there.  I was now an hour plus into the morning with just two fish to show for it.  I tied a "Big Sexy" Maxx on the Tatula frog rod and headed to the area across from the Platte public access.
17"/2.88lbs Mad Maxx
A fish mauled something on the end of maidencane point at the end of the big bunch .  I made a mental note and fished the sparse cane and pads.  I got over by where the mauling was, through a cast in and the 17 incher was all over it.  How much of an idiot was I for not going after that other blow up I saw this morning.  I worked my way down the cane then into the reeds.  Not much was happening until I fished this.
A lone rice patch with a cabbage patch as well.
     A big bass smashed me, but got off. Bummer.  I put a few more casts through the area and got a 16.75.
16.75"/2.84lbs Mad Maxx (Big Sexy)
Surprisingly I didn't get any hits on that rice point up farther on the right which also has a bunch of cabbage on it.  This is some fine looking slop. I eventually caught a 12 incher by the cattails.  Then I worked my way back to the isolated rice patch and got another 16 incher off of it.  I also worked the rice point again with no takers.  I drifted back over the isolated rice patch and got 14" bass on a 1oz Hack Attack Jig with Craw Fatty trailer.  I had a 25/27" class pike follow Big Sexy in the reeds.  I caught a small pike on the Hack Jig as a follow up to a miss on Big Sexy.  I worked my way out on the maidencane and caught a 15" bass and a couple of pike on the Hack Jig.  I quit fishing at 11.
Best 6 in the morning
7 Bass
6 Pike
  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16.33" Mad Maxx (Big Sexy
7:45-9:15PM Double Cane Point
Conditions: 80-76℉, Mostly Sunny, Light SSW Wind

So I decided to head to double cane point.  I caught 1 small pike in the cane, sad.  I worked my way towards the point and got the 16.33  in a small rice patch just out of the reeds.  I then got two 13 inchers in the sparse rice off the east side of the point in shallow.  I was heading to Big Bass Point when I decided to fish the east side of double cane instead.  Turns out it was a good decision as I landed six 16 inchers in pretty short order.  I think I had a bigger fish miss the frog and not come back for it as well.  Wish I would have taken a picture of the spot I was catching them from, a patch of rice in the reeds.  So basically I caught more bass in 45 minutes in the evening than I caught in 5 hours in the morning. Sad!
Best 6 for the day
9 Bass
1 Pike
-----------------------------------------------------------
16 Bass
7 Pike 
For the Day



No comments: