Monday, July 03, 2017

Morning at the GOMH/Afternoon With Pete

Close Call
It is now July 24th and I still haven't gotten this blog done and I erased most of the pics off of the Flash card and I don't feel like digging them out of the cloud.  I basically went fishing at the GOMH without Pete because he didn't want to get up.  Fishing was pretty good.   I got 5 bass on the Shower Blows Knock Off; the biggest of which was 17 inches.  I also lost a good fish on the Schroomz Jig.  My success made my enthusiasm for getting out with Pete in the Trophy plummet.  I ended up getting back to the house and let him sleep.

 Todd and the girls arrived at the lake place just before Pete and I arrived.  Pete got a bass on the Terminator Poppin Frog.  We went out in the boat in search of panfish.
Basically, Pete taught me a way to catch trolling them that I may or may not ever use.  We didn't have much success, too many loose floating weeds around.  As that I barely got any sleep the previous night I was too tired to go out in the evening.  Pete and I did drive into Pierz to get a paper for Mom around sunset.  I felt guilty about being with Pete rather than out at the Lake with the girls.  It worked out as they paddle boarded out to see the sunset and Pete left on the 4th. I spent plenty of time with the girls over the next week as they came up 3 times.

No comments: