Monday, July 24, 2017

One Quality Bite Anyway

17" Zoom Horny Toad
7:45-9:15PM East Of Jenny's to Jenny's Reeds
Conditions: 72℉, Mostly Cloudy, E wind
Water Temp: 75℉
Because Kaylee bolted I didn't get to the lake by 6PM like I planned.  She eventually came back on her own after about 35 minutes, but then I waited for the parents to get back with some food; Onion rings, YUM!

By the time I was ready to fish I took some casts off the dock. Had something swipe at the frog on the close dock side, that was it.  I then took the Trophy out to the start of the slop East of Jenny's.  I had a good sized something follow the frog out, but it saw me and got skunked.  Eventually I switched up to a Horny Toad and got a couple of pike.  I was working my way on the outside of the slop casting in.  I got a 12" bass and then the 17" off of a point of pads.  I got a couple more pike and that was it.  Not much was going on to give me a clue.

2 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: