Saturday, July 22, 2017

Slow Night, But A Couple Good One's

18.75" Mad Maxx Frog (Bluegrass)
Looks like it's time for me to go to a different camera, doggone it.
7:45-9:25PM Loon Sex Bay, Jenny's Reeds
Conditions: 80℉, Mostly Sunny, NW Wind
Water Temp: 79℉
I wasn't in a big hurry to get on the lake tonight and I had to get some water out of the boat, so that kept me from being on the lake at 7:30.  I would guess with the storm we got last night I would say the lake level is now up to what I consider the normal range.  With the two warm days in a row water temp on Platte is now flirting with 80 degrees.
17.75"
I went to Loon Sex Bay and was in there for maybe 20+ minutes without a bite when the 17.75" toad bit the Bluegrass Maxx in the NW corner.  That was one well fed fish.  That was the only bite I got until I was fishing Loon Sex Point.  The 18.75" missed the frog the first time, but got it the second.  It had a full belly as well, but not the shoulders to make it a 4lb fish apparently.
I did have a shot at one last bass in the rice off the end of Jenny's reeds, but it got off.  Don't think it was in the class of the two I got tonight.  I also had a small pike bite in LSB and in Jenny's reeds.   Hope the fish are biting a little better tomorrow morning.

2 Bass
2 Pike

No comments: