Friday, April 07, 2017

Waylayed 'Em at Bulldog

8.9" T.H.E. Jig (chart/black)
6:00-8:00PM Bulldog Access
8:15-10:45PM GOMH SE
Conditions: Cool low 50's to mid 40's, Windy out of the SE, Partly Cloudy

I was so glad that no one was at the Bulldog access, because the plan was to lay a beat down on the bluegills there.  And lay a beat down I did even in that wind.  My first fish was actually a bass.
16.25" THE Jig
After that is was a bluegill parade. I caught 70 of them in the next two hours.  You might say I got the kinks in my game worked out, so I was more efficient in catching and counting them.  Most were 6 inchers; I caught 33 of those.  5 were over 8 inches with the one bull just shy of 9 inches.
8.9"
All of them went back.  I did get one more bass and no crappies.  At 8:00 I headed to the GOMH and was surprised to only see one truck.  It was Lantern Man's kid with a buddy.  They had gotten a couple of nice jumpers, but nothing silver.  They were on the SW side, so I took the SE side.  I missed a bite on my first cast.  It was probably 20 minutes before I got another one.  It was a good one.
12.5" Glow Demon & Minnow
I threw it back.  I got 3 more that I gave to them.  They missed quite a few bites before they started hooking a few.  Just like last night the action on the SE side died at about 10:15.  I called last minnow at 10:30.  At 10:45 the minnow was gone.  I didn't see a bite.  They were planning on being out until midnight or so.  They were getting more action than me.  Basically in the same area as last night.

2 Bass
70 Sunfish
4 Crappies

No comments: