Saturday, April 22, 2017

Slow Evening At the GOMH For Earth Day

10" Glow Demon & Minnow (Platte)
6:30PM-12:30PM GOMH SE SW NE
Conditions: 66-50℉, Mostly Sunny, Wind out of the SW turning calm then starting up again, water flowing both directions.

I woke up when the mail man came, then went back to bed.  Woke up to watch Major League Fishing but had to go back to bed.  I finally woke up at about 3PM in time to catch the 3rd Period and Wild loss in OT.  It's a shame really.  The team never should have made the trade for White and Hanzel.  They weren't the same team.  Anyway, I arrived at the GOMH around 6:30. There were people on the NE side and on the SW, so I quickly took up the SE side.  No boats fishing.  Not a good sign.  The guys on the SW side arrived about 5 minutes before I did and hadn't gotten anything.  I guess they just crushed the fish over at Bulldog earlier in the day.

First thing I did was chuck a bunch of dead minnows because I was an idiot and didn't get fresh water for them yesterday.  About half were dead. I got a small toothy on my first cast on the Swim Shad.  Dad called while I was retying my line.  Some older teenagers showed up that knew the guys on the SW side, they also had been at bulldog crushing the fish.  They landed a couple toothy's and I got another small one.  Willard showed up.  The teenagers left and so did the other guys around 8PM.  About 5 minutes after they left a guy and lady that I've seen down here a couple of weekends showed up.  They got a tiger bullhead, an orange, and jumper.  I had a couple hits on the Swim Shad that didn't hook up.  I went to a minnow on the Cubby Rod.  I went to put a minnow on and the hook was broken off just below where the bard should have been.  Very weird!  I tied on a new hook.  I had a bite on the minnow but missed it.

The guy from Princeton showed up to check out if anything was going on.  I filled him in.  He ended up giving me a bunch of minnows.  He had been fishing at Bulldog crushing the sunfish and bass.  Apparently the teenagers were there and throwing over his lines.  He wasn't real  happy about that.  They were also throwing plugs for bass.  His young daughter fell in the water and he didn't have a change of clothing.  I am glad he stopped and gave me the minnows.  A guy showed up and went down on the NE side

The guy and lady left after it got dark.  I switched sides.  A boat set up with lights for archery went into Platte then came back about 10 minutes later.  The guy who was on the NE side came over to see how I was doing.  He had gotten one jumper.  I thought maybe it was Peter, but it wasn't.  About 5 minutes after he went back to the NE side, Lantern Man showed up and went down on the SE side.  His clan got about 7 silvers last night, but only like 4 of them were keepers.  At about 10PM he caught a silver. I then got a 10" by the rocks.  Which I gave to LM without snapping a picture or recording, duh!
9" Glow Demon & Minnow
I landed the 9" which I did take a picture of and record.  LM got a couple more silvers, but it was slow.
15.5" Demon & Minnow

At about 11:30 I headed over to the NE side.  On about my 3rd cast the bobber went under but I missed it.  I went and got another minnow.  Cast back to the spot and  it was silver on (The one in the 1st picture).  I kept it to give to LM.  Some bow fishermen showed up, took one shot which they missed and left.  About 10 minutes later I got the jumper. I stayed until 12:30PM.  LM got 2 silvers while I was on the Platte side.

It was still rather pleasant out when I left.

3 Silver
1 Jumper
2 Toothy

No comments: