Thursday, April 13, 2017

Didn't Feel Like It Today

My original plan for today was to go out in the Trophy on Rock Lake.  However the weather had other ideas.  It remained cloudy, cool, and windy out of the East.  Not exactly what I wanted to fish in the boat in.  I didn't feel like fishing at Bulldog for sunfish in that wind, so I just went to the GOMH.  And even though the weather was reasonably warm, I didn't feel like grinding out bites tonight, so I left at 9:30PM
9.5" Glow Demon & Minnow
6:30-9:30PM GOMH SW SE
Conditions: 54-48℉, Mostly Cloudy, Wind out of the East, water flowing into Sullivan
17.5" Panfish Chatterbait
Bam! Very first cast small toothy bullhead.  A little while later I got a chunky jumper on the PC.
15.25" Panfish Chatterbait
Somebody else showed up to fish, so I switched to the SE side to have some relief from the wind.  Over there I got a 2 more small toothy's and one solid jumper on the Wildeye. I also had several more hits from small pike.
17" 
The guys on the other side got 1 jumper.  They left.  I got two silvers in quick succession from the same spot when I  switched to the lighted bobber and that was it. I didn't get a bite in the next 45 minutes.  There isn't going to be a visible moon tonight, so I left.

No comments: