Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Rock Dock In, Bulldog Produces

Same date as last year
5:30-6:35PM Rock
6:40-8:10PM Bulldog
8:15-9:45PM GOMH
Conditions: 53-46℉, NNW Wind, Partly Cloudy,

I got out a little later tonight so I dropped stopping at the GOMH first.  Do to lack of tire tracks going in I thought there was no chance the Rock Dock would be in the lake.  I was wrong.  I fished for an hour and didn't get a bite.

Next I headed to Bulldog.  A guy was fishing with his dog at the access, so I went to Holy Family.  No fish there.  I went to the access and the guy was OK with me fishing there.   The dog wasn't so sure about me at first.
6" T.H.E. Jig (chart/black)
The sunnies provided non stop action again tonight.  We both got a bonus bass.  He was throwing everything back as well.  He left at about 7:20PM.  About 5 minutes later was when the bigger bluegills started biting.  I got five that were 8.5".
15" THE Jig
8.5" THE Jig

8.5" THE Jig
I left for the GOMH at about 8:15.  The Bullhead Boys were back fishing off the N side of the bridge.  That had been there since 6PM and hadn't gotten anything.  He said there was one boat fishing tonight.  He said they got a couple bass.  I didn't get any hits on the SE side.  I switched to the SW side at the same time the Bullhead Boys left.  Didn't get any hits there either.  I also gave the NE side 10 minutes.  Water flowed both ways and was slack as well.

1 Bass
31 Sunfish

No comments: