Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Ok Night of Fishing


10.75" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad
6:00-7:00PM Bulldog
7:00-7:40PM Rock Dock
7:55PM-1:00AM GOMH SW side
Conditions:  57-41℉, Cloudy to Clear, Windy out of the SE diminishing by 8PM, water flowing into Sullivan.
8" T.H.E. Jig (chart/black)
So I started the night at Bulldog where the guy and his dog were getting a few sunnies.  I didn't get anything and went to the Holy Family Access.  Nothing there.  The guy had left, so I went back to the Bulldog access.  Fishing in the wind was tricky and I had to tie a knot in my line to keep the bobber from sliding all the way down.  I manged to catch 10 sunnies before I headed to Rock.  Nothing was going on there again.

When I got back to 8, I decided to turn right and go to the GOMH.  The guy who was there last night was on the SW side this time.  Willard was sitting in his truck.  I went and talked with him for a little while.

I went down on the SE side and started fishing with the 2" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad.  I caught 3 jumpers and one silver on that.
16" Storm Wildeye
The other guy left and I elected to stay put. I got one silver on the Glow Demon before Lantern Man arrived.  Not much was going on.  I tried the Swim Shad for a while and got a golden.
16.5" Wildeye Swim Shad
Matt W. and some friends showed up and fished on the North side.  I lost a dogfish when it straightened the hook.  At about 11:45 I went up to the car to warm up and listen to the Wild game.  I didn't realize it was this late, but they were in overtime.  I listened for about 10 minutes.  Neither team scored.  Peter W. arrived when I was sitting there.  They tried some bow hunting but didn't see anything.  I went back down and didn't blow the 2nd opportunity at the dogfish.
24" Glow Demon & Minnow
 I didn't think to take a picture of it while I was landing it.  She was released.  I caught a silver bullhead as LM was pulling up stakes.  I gave the fish to him.  I went back down and immediately missed another hit.   I gave the SW side a try for a while, nothing.  I went back and gave the SE 15 more minutes then left at 1AM.

1 Dogfish
3 Jumpers
1 Gold
3 Silver
10 Sunfish

No comments: