Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Another Good Night At the GOMH

12.25" Glow Demon & Minnow
6:30-10:00PM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: 47℉, Cloudy, Wind WNW, Water mostly flowing into Sullivan, but it did flow in Platte for about 1/2 hour around 9 PM.  We got about an inch of rain today so levels are coming up.
17.5" Wildeye Swim Shad
I started on the NE side and didn't get a bite.  I then went down on the SW side and I started out catching jumpers and toothys on the 2" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad.  One of the toothy's nicked the back of my right middle finger.  It bled like a son of a gun for probably 20 minutes.  From now on there will be band aids with me when I fish.  I put out the Glow Demon about 8PM and was quickly rewarded with an 11" silver.
11" Glow Demon & Minnow
Before I caught the next fish Lantern Man arrived.  When he was getting his stuff together.  Some minnows jumped and a fish boiled right in front of the rocks on the SE side.  Naturally LM went down on the unoccupied SE side.  He caught one almost immediately.  The fishing was hot for the next hour on both sides.  Lots of misses as well.  The water switched directions and I caught the 12 incher right before LM left.  I think I only caught 3 more silvers.  I tried the NE side briefly before I left.

12 Silver
5 Jumper
3 Toothy

No comments: