Saturday, April 08, 2017

Two Trips Today




6:30-8:10AM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: Mid 40's, Wind SE, Partly Cloudy, Not much current

I didn't get any silver.  I did get a couple toothy's and a couple of jumpers.
24.5 Terminator Jig w/Pork Frog White
The Jig wasn't even in the pike's mouth.  I got the second pike on the NE side on the Panfish Chatterbait.
Terminator Jig w/Pork Frog
I also got a 15" jumper on the 2" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad and a 14.25" on a Cubby & minnow.  I then went to Bulldog to see if the pannies were going.
5.5" T.H.E. Jig (chart/black)
  They were but it was tough fishing in the wind. I did get a couple small crappies that I forgot to take a picture.  I got 9 sunnies.

Evening Conditions: 68-60℉, Partly Cloudy, Windy out of the SE diminishing
6:00-8:00PM Bulldog
There was a lady fishing with a couple of young teenagers at the Bulldog access when I arrived.  They hadn't gotten anything and were packing up to leave.  They gave me there minnows. Cool!
7.5" T.H.E. Jig
They were biting again.  Once again I got a crappie and forgot to take a picture.  After about 10 minutes an old guy who had been fishing at the bridge pulled up.  He had gotten a couple of jumpers there.  He fished for maybe 1/2 an hour getting a few sunnies and a couple crappies.  About 10 minutes after he left Willard showed up.  My fingers were getting sore from setting the hook so often with the long rod.  The wind had pretty much died by the time Willard got there.  The line was getting awfully twisted.  I got out one really big mess with Willard's help.  Willard left at about 7:35.  I decided to try and straighten the line.  On my very first cast after doing that the line exploded off the spool and I had to cut it.  As I got in the car a family showed up to fish.

8:30-10:15PM GOMH SE side
At the GOMH not much was going on.  Lantern Man and his kids' family was fishing on the SW side.  There were people on the N side and SE as well.  Willard showed up around the same time the people on the SE side left, so I went down there.  I had something nibble at my very first cast. It was about 45 minutes to my first bite.  Willard and LM's granddaughter kept us entertained while we were waiting on the fish.
10.75"
 Another half an hour went by.  LM kid got one.  I got a phone call from Dad and got a bite when I was on the phone with him. I landed that fish a 10.5" silver.  LM got one and as I was about to leave LM son got another one.  I left at 10:20 or so.  I had a deer run in front of me before I got to the S curve.

Morning Trip
3 Jumper
2 Toothy
2 Crappie
9 Sunnies

Evening Trip:
2 Silver
1 Crappie
78 Sunnies

No comments: