Saturday, April 15, 2017

Morning at the GOMH And Quick Bulldog Run

8.5" T.H.E. Jig
6:00-11:00AM GOMH NE SW
11:15-11:30AM Bulldog Holy Family
Conditions: 59-56℉, Cloudy, Some fog and mist, Calm, water slowly flowing into Sullivan
19" Glow Demon & Minnow
After the way last night went I decided to start on the North side.  I landed a couple of jumpers and a couple of toothy's.  I went and gave the SW side a shot and landed toothy's and jumpers there on Wildeye.  Just as I was heading back to the North side a guy who fishes there a lot showed up.  I told him no silvers for me today.
8.5" T.H.E. Jig (chart/black)
I went back on the NE side and had a Wildeye get bit off.  I decided to give the long rod a try and managed to get a few nice orange bullheads.  I was fishing a ways down the shoreline and a guy with a car load of young sons let them out on the NE side.  I was concerned because my rods were laying out where they could be stepped on.  Fortunately the kids all avoided them.  I went back to make a cast and the line was wrapped around my rod tip.  I was having to make a long cast to reach the bullheads and I ended up breaking my line sending the Rocket Bobber out into the lake.  Just great!
I got it back, thankfully
While I was back at my pile of tackle figuring out what to do, one of the boys came down to ask me if I was catching anything.  Pretty much at that moment a boat came out from under the bridge into Platte.  Before I could think to wave him down to get the bobber for me he was on his way.  It took about 45 minutes for the bobber to drift to where I could cast and get it.  Wouldn't you know it just as I was grabbing the bobber a boat full of three old guys drove into the GOMH area.   They asked me how fishing was and I told them and mentioned that I had almost lost my bobber.  They thought I had said I lost my bobber.  They went into Sullivan for about 15 minutes.  I resumed fishing, but didn't get anymore bites on the new chart/baby blue T.H.E. Jig that I put on.  They came back into Platte and proceeded to get someone else's bobber that was stuck in some weeds.  I informed them that I had my bobber back and thanked them for thinking of me.  They got a bobber out of the deal.

I went back to the South side and got a couple more jumpers.  At 11AM I pulled the plug and headed to Bulldog.  I forgot to take a picture of the calm foggy lake like I was going too.  There was somebody sitting at the access, so  I went to Holy Family.
9.5" THE JIg (bb/chart)
 I got the one crappie and a 6.5" sunny there.  Satisfied that the new jig color would catch fish I left and headed to Bear Trax, where I got more minnows and a spare light for my bobber.

No comments: