Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Quick Morning Trip, Quick Evening Trip

17.75" Minnow on the Cubby Rod
5:55-7:30AM GOMH NE SE
Conditions: 44℉, Cloudy then Mostly Sunny by the time I left, Light N Wind, water level still rising

I left later than I wanted by about an hour.  I started out on the NE side and got the jumper on my very first cast with a minnow on a hook.  About 5 minutes later a truck stopped, so I went to the SE side.  Turns out it was Sneaky C. with his puppy.  He met Lantern Man last night. I think a toothy bit him off and that was it for him this morning; He didn't stay very long.  While he was there I missed two hits on the minnow and had a toothy cut me off.  I did catch a toothy. The sun came out, a loon moved into the area, and the bites stopped so I left at 7:30.

I will probably get out again later today.

Evening Trip:
18.5" Wildeye Swim Shad
5:45-7:15PM GOMH NE SW SE
Conditions: 52-46℉, Cloudy with sprinkles turning into light rain, Windy NNE, the water level is still rising
17.25" Minnow on the Cubby Rod
With the cold weather forecast for basically the next week I figured I better get out tonight before the rain moved in.  It's not supposed to get out of the 30's the next couple of days and we could get a couple of inches of snow tonight.  There was no one at the GOMH when I arrived.  I elected to try the NE side first same as this morning.  I got a couple of 17 inch jumpin' bullheads and a toothy over there.

Next I headed to the SW side. That is where I got the 18.5" at.  No silvers or dogfish.  The sprinkles turned to light rain.  I fished for maybe 15 minutes on the SE side.  Didn't get a bite.  It was looking dark to the South and I was worried about a downpour at the house, so I left at 7:15PM

Turns out the heavier rain just missed our place.  I got to watch Sano crush a baseball and Santana pitched a good game giving up just a solo home run.  Twins beat the Rangers 8-1.  It's now after 10:30 and the air temp is down to 36 degrees and it will continue to rain until it snows. I will not be out after silvers tonight.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow night maybe.

No comments: