Friday, April 21, 2017

Wasting Warm Weather Hardly Fishing

17" Terminator Jig w/Pig (Blk/red/blue)
1:30-2:30PM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: 58 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Light S wind, water still rising.  A lot of algae and junk in the water but visibility over all was up.

Although I was up at sunrise I didn't go out because it was about 30 degrees out.  I did string up a new to me Tatula Rod and Reel with some chart J-Braidx4 that I put a black with red fleck Terminator Jig on.  I went and took a trip to see if I might catch a doggy on it.  No dogs, but I did get the one bullhead on the set up.  I also got a toothy.  After another toothy made an appearance I was out of there.  I started off on the SW side and didn't have a hit on that side.

I then came home and got caught up in the Twins game and the BASS weigh in.  Unfortunately I didn't think about the weigh in until after Josh Douglas weighted his fish.  He managed to squeeze into the Top 12 despite only getting 4 fish.  Because I did those things I didn't take the Trophy out to Rock.  When I took the dogs out to do there business after their dinner I think Mike B. was driving his Tuffy South on 8.  I didn't think to wave.

At 7:30 I was still awake, so I decided to check out the GOMH.  I didn't bring minnows because I thought people would have the place covered up and didn't intend to fish.  Much to my surprise only Matt W and a friend was there.  They had seen a couple dogfish on the SW side.  I decided to go down on the NE side.  Just after I started fishing Lantern Man's son and friend arrived.  He asked me what I was doing on that side.  I kind of wondered that myself.  By the time I got to the S side LM sons buddy was down on the SE side and Matt W and his friend were fishing on the SW side.  I fished for a little while off the bridge.  LM friend got a jumper and Matt's friend got a toothy.  I went back to the NE side.  I got a toothy on the Wildeye.  Baitfish were occasionally getting busted.  At about 8:30 I left.  There was a lot of algae and junk in the water.  

No comments: