Monday, April 03, 2017

Getting A Few At Bulldog And The GOMH

11.9" Glow Demon & Minnow
Conditions: 53-48℉, Mostly Cloudy, Light NE Wind turning calm
Hooded Merganser at the GOMH
5:00-5:45 PM GOMH got nothing
Calm at Rock
6:00-6:40PM Rock Lake
Rock Dock not in.  Didn't get a bite.  I bailed for Bulldog.
5" T.H.E. Jig w/spike
6:45-8:15PM Bulldog
I was fishing with the long panfish rod and The Hot Everyday Jig.  I put a spike on it to start, but the fish didn't care so once it came off I left it that way.  First fish was a crappie that I got most of the way in.  Then I got the sunfish in the pic.  I wasn't gonna be skunked.  After the first couple of stops and no fish I was a bit concerned.

I caught a few sunfish and then I had something swirl on the bobber.   Thinking it might be a dogfish I quickly put the pork frog on the Terminator Jig and cast to the area.  Fish On!
16.25" Terminator Jig w/pig

 I proceeded to catch more sunfish including a couple of nice one's.
7" THE Jig

8" THE Jig
The Rocket Bobber they were hitting.

I had the bobber get attacked by a second smaller bass.  I had a few fish bury me in the weeds and get off.  I did get one crappie before I left for the GOMH.
9" THE Jig
8:30-10:30PM GOMH SW
I was a little surprised no one was fishing at the GOMH when I arrived.  I got the crappie at the top of this blog on the very first cast.  I thought this could be good.  I missed the next bite and caught two more (11,9.75).  It was really pleasant out with no wind and there was moonlight through the clouds.  To bad there weren't more fish around.

It's fixin' to get good!

Will the Rock Dock be in tomorrow?

2 Largie
3 Silver
2 Crappie
10 Sunfish

No comments: