Monday, April 24, 2017

Burning the Midnight Oil

12" Glow Demon & Minnow
11:30PM(4/24/17)-3:00AM(4/25/17) GOMH NE SW SE
Conditions: 46-44℉, Cloudy with some light rain, Wind E diminishing late

I was worn out and slept most of the day away.  I really need to go to the chiropractor for my upper back.  I was more into watching the Twins game than going fishing tonight.  The Twins beat the Rangers 3-2.  I finally got on my way after 11PM in light rain.  I arrived just as Lantern Man was leaving.  He had been there a couple of hours and gotten 2 or 3 silvers.  He never did go last night.  So he took off and I headed down on the NE side.  I put a stickleback on the Glow Demon and got a bite on the very first cast, but I missed it.  I got a new minnow and cast back to the same area.  Had another bite, but missed it again, but didn't lose the minnow this time.  Then nothing for about 10 minutes.  Finally the fish hit me again and I landed it this time.
10.25" Glow Demon & Minnow
I then spent a good hour over there not getting another bite.  I packed up and went to the SW side about the time the rain quit, at least for a while anyway.  I didn't get a bite on the SW side.  I took the Rod and minnows over to the SE side not expecting to get a bite, but I did.  It was a 10" silver.  I went and got the Lantern and rest of my stuff.  Within the next 10 minutes I got the 12" after missing the first bite.  I then missed a couple of bites over the next hour plus.  I started getting  cold, but managed to get one more silver before I had enough.

4 Silvers

No comments: