Friday, April 14, 2017

Tough Night at the GOMH

14" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad

7:00-9:00PM GOMH SW
Conditions: 62-56℉, Partly Cloudy, Windy out of the SE, water flowing into Sullivan

I arrived and no one was at the GOMH.  There were two boats, both out a ways on the Sullivan side.  I had a couple of bites I missed on the white Piranha.  I put on a new trailer and proceeded to lose the lure on my next cast when the Fireline broke at the spool.  I was not happy about that.  About 10 minutes later I managed to catch the line and got the Piranha back.  The boat that was closest to me left going into Platte.  They said they got a bunch of pike.  A guy showed up and went down on the SW side.  Someone showed up and fished on the North side.  Heard them get several fish.  I missed a couple bites on the Swim Shad.  A guy and lady showed up and went down on the SW side.  The one guy left.  I landed the one jumper.

Matt W. came over and updated me on what was going on on the North side. Some more friends of Matt showed up.  The guy and lady left.  I missed one bite on the Glow Demon and had to switch to a new lighted bobber.  After half and hour and no more bites.  I decided to go home and catch the end of the Wild game. They lost 2-1.  Only 1 jumper.  Pretty pathetic. I may take the Trophy out tomorrow.

No comments: