Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Lousy Morning Good Night

12.5" Glow Demon & Minow
22" Glow Demon & Minnow
Not Much of a sunrise this morning
It stayed in the 40's for most of the night so I thought maybe there would be a morning bite.  There wasn't.  I tried at the GOMH and then at Bulldog.  The sun came out when I was at Bulldog which made seeing the bobber impossible.  I went home and slept for a few hours.  When I got up I pulled the Trophy up to the garage and got it vacuumed out and then put the batteries on the charger.

Evening Trip Conditions: 56-32℉, Partly Cloudy turning clear, NW wind turning calm, water flowing into Platte
5:30-6:00PM GOMH SW NE
I decided to hit up the GOMH first.  Nobody was there, but some slobs left some hooks and other assorted garbage.  I ended up going to the NE side and got a toothy on a Panfish Chatterbait.
22" Panfish Chatterbait
6:00-6:30 Rock Lake
The Rock Dock wasn't in.  No fish.  A small flock of male wood ducks made an appearance.  I've never seen that before.  Usually I see wood ducks as mating pairs or singles.

 6:30-8:00PM Buldog
7" Sunfish on the Long Rod and T.H.E. Jig

8" THE Jig
I was thankful no one was at the access at Bulldog. I commenced to whack 'em. A bite on pretty much every cast.  I lost several fish that buried me in the weeds.  Only sunfish at Bulldog tonight.

8:00-10:30PM GOMH
When I arrived at the GOMH there was a single younger woman fishing.  She said she had missed one bite.  She usually fishes at the GOMH in the afternoon with her kid.  I don't know if I've seen here there or not.  Maybe she was the lady I helped net a bass on walleye opener in 2014.  Apparently she caught a true monster jumper that was just shy of the state record here last year.  Would have loved to have seen that fish.  She almost bought a lighted bobber when she got her minnows. I had lights, but nothing to mount them on.  I caught a small one on the SW side.  Current switched from going into Platte to flowing into Sullivan.
8.5" 
 When she left she gave me her minnows as she wouldn't be able to get out for at least a week.  I ended up moving to the SE side where she was fishing and was quickly rewarded with a dogfish.


Barley hooked and only bent the hook a little
Fortunately there was a spot where the reed mat opened up so I could land it after I tired it out.  After releasing the fish and retying I got a silver bullhead on my next cast.
11.9" Glow Demon & Minnow
I then missed a few hits.  I got my last one fishing out a bit.
12.5" holding in closer
I tried back on the SW side and gave up at 10:30PM

1 Bowfin
1 Pike
3 Silver
28 Sunfish

No comments: