Sunday, April 02, 2017

Two Trips Today

12.75" Cubby & Minnow
Trip #1:
10:00-11:30AM GOMH SW
Conditions: 50℉, Cloudy, Windy out of the South, water flowing into Platte
15.75" Panfish Chatterbait
The wind was blowing all kinds of junk into the area.  It was kind of a pain to fish, but I got one jumper and one toothy bullhead.  I did try the NE side for a little bit, but didn't get anything there.  With the wind being what it was I didn't try anywhere else.

Trip #2:
6:15-7:00PM Rock Lake
7:00-8:00PM Bulldog Lake
8:20-9:30PM GOMH SW
Conditions: Mid 40's, Cloudy, Light rain, Light S wind turning calm by the time I got to Bulldog.  Rain quit while I was at the GOMH.

7.5 Cubby & Maggot

I started out at Rock and didn't get a sniff.  I then went to bulldog.  I was pleasantly surprised to get a couple sunfish on the Cubby with my left over maggot from yesterday.  I forgot to put the maggots in my jacket.  After the 2nd gill the maggot was gone.  I put on a minnow and was rewarded with 3 crappies (8.5,9,10).  All fish were caught fishing mostly straight out a little to the left.

8.5" Cubby & Minnow
I left the crappies biting hoping to get bigger one's at the GOMH.  When I set my stuff down on the SW side I knocked over the minnow bucket with my tackle bag and most of the minnows spilled out.  I spent around 15 minutes pulling them out of the wet grass.  I think I got most of them.  I elected to go with the Cubby rather than the Demon to start.  The lighted bobber moved funny and I got one slabber bullhead.  It was a solidly built fish.  I released it to hopefully keep the gene's in the system.  That was the only bite I got.  The moon and stars came out eventually.  It was rather pleasant out.  To bad more fish were not around.

1 Jumpin' Bullhead
1 Toothy Bullhead
1 Silver Bullhead
3 Crappies
2 Sunfish

No comments: