Sunday, May 24, 2015

Bulldog, Jenny's, GOMH this Afternoon in the Rain

15.75" Grass Pig
3:15-4:15PM Bulldog
4:35-5:15PM Jenny's
5:25-6:25PM GOMH

Conditions- Mid 60's, light wind out of the E NE, light rain

I didn't want my tackle soaked so I didn't take the Slop Slip out this afternnon.  I was disappointed with the casting distance performance on my TD-Z with the Armilo line.  I think it was mostly the reel.  I'm going to have to get it serviced to get the performance it's capable of giving.  I got a pike at access at Bulldog on an Outkast Beaver (not called a beaver and they no longer offer them).  I went to the Holy Family access and the bass smoked the Grass Pig as I was bringing it through some pads.  Can't fish that way on an open jig head.

I tried going to Rock, but there were people fishing there.  I decided to give Jenny's a try.  The wind made seeing the rice tough.  Still I got at least 5 good hits but I didn't catch anything on the Grass Pig and Spro frog.  I'm guessing they were pike.

At the GOMH, I got 21" toothy on the bubblegum Ebay chatterjig on the NE side.  I think I also had a bite on the Grass Pig.  Had a small toothy follow the Grass Pig in on the SE side.  There was a guy with two gals fishing for orange's on the SW side.  He got a small toothy.  I got hungry, so I went home.

1 Bass
2 Pike

So now I'm at 2 Bass and 2 Pike for Bass Opener weekend.

I decided not to go to Mille Lacs tonight, all my minnows were dead.

No comments: