Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Rock, Bulldog, GOMH

18.5" D & M Piranha w/chart twister tail
7:25-8:45PM Rock
9:00-9:20PM Bulldog
9:30-11:30PM GOMH
Conditions- Warmer today (62), mostly sunny, breezy out of the SE

I arrived at Rock and there was one trailer in the parking lot.  I didn't see a boat anywhere on the southern part of the lake.  I started out throwing the D & M Piranha that I got the two fish on last night.   The 18.5" hit on a cast strait out from the dock.  The baby blue/chart. skirt came apart so I was done throwing that bait for the night.  It had a nasty sore just above it's pectoral fin and looked to be spawned out.

I put on a Pure Poison and got a hammer handle on that.
20" Pure Poison w/Grass Pig Jr.
 I tried a square bill and got nothing but weeds.  Tried a couple of X-Raps and had the orange one get cut off.
Price of doing business in the North country.
I tried craw tubes and didn't get a hit.  Switched to a 3/4oz Red Eye Shad and got nailed casting to the South.

16.75" Red Eye Shad
   While I was taking pictures I heard the boat come around the corner and wouldn't you know it was blog reader Mike B. and his brother in the Tuffy.  They found aggressive fish in the Platte River Outlet on Grass Pigs.  Apparently some pads are up already.  We talked for about 5 minutes.  I didn't want to hold them up as it was getting dark, so I headed to Bulldog.
14.5" black/blue craw tube
I caught two 14" fish on craw tubes there, then headed to the GOMH.
10.75" Glow Demon w/minnow
 I heard something get hit under the bridge then caught that silver bullhead and I thought maybe a bite might be on, but that was all I got in 2 hours. About 50/50 split between live bait for silvers and artificials for bigger bullheads.  I left right before it started sprinkling

No comments: