Monday, May 11, 2015

Mille Lacs Missed Opportunities, GOMH Comes Through

5:20-7:20AM Mille Lacs
8-8:30AM GOMH
Conditions- Windy but not as strong as yesterday out of the SE at Mille Lacs, E at GOMH, occasional drizzle, 41 degrees.

Thanks to sleeping even later today, I didn't get to Eddy's Jetty fishing until 5:20AM.  I set up on the Center jetty North dock. At 5:35 I had 23-24" eye roll on Silver Blue Husky Jerk I got the fish on yesterday just as I was pulling it out of the water.  At 6:00AM I had a fish break off my Glow Demon and minnow, just after I set the hook.  I got a couple of other bites on a minnow, but the fish didn't hold on.  Even though conditions were right my bobber fishing gear wasn't, so I pulled the plug at 7:20 when it was drizzling.

I got to the GOMH and no one was there.  After the first couple of casts with nothing I wasn't to optimistic but I got 24" or so toothy bullhead on a b/b craw tube.  It got off by the stairs and wiggled it's way all the way back into the water before I could get a picture.  I frayed my line, so I was done with b/b CT.  I ended up getting a white CT stuck in the rocks and had to break it off.  It started drizzling and I was out of there.

No comments: