Friday, May 01, 2015

Bullhead Night at the GOMH

14" Glow Demon w/minnow.
11:00-3:30AM
Conditions- Mild (55-46), clear then turning cloudy off and on, no wind to kind of breezy.

Yes I caught a bullhead tonight.  Had my minnow set a bit to low.

When I arrived there were two guys on the SW side.  I took up the SE side and got a good silver immediately which I gave to them.  Lantern Man showed up at the same time I was giving the bullhead away.  He came down next to me.  I was missing fish all night long.  LM had tackle problems and went home to get a different rod about the same time the two guys left.  I took my stuff over to the SW side and tried for dogfish, getting two jumpers on a D & M Piranha.  LM came back and stayed on the SE side.  He was steadily catching fish while I was missing them.  I went to bend out the hook a little on my Glow Demon and broke it.  I put a new one on and immediately caught the bullhead.

I started catching a a few quality silvers and help LM get his limit by about 1AM.  I got a few more silvers, not missing as many and then the bite shut down.  I got two more jumpers fishing for dogfish on the Piranha.

I kept one 10.75' silver.

No comments: