Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Good Morning At The GOMH

The Only Other Fishermen at the GOMH this morning
(click to enlarge so you can see it)
5:20-7:40AM
Conditions- Cold, wind out of the NW, Cloudy turning sunny.

I arrived a little later than I should have to possibly get into the golden bullheads on the NE side.  Oh well.  I switched over to the SW side and had a good jumper jump all over it when I cast under the bridge.

17.75 D & M Piranha
It may very well be the same fish I caught on Sunday morning, it's hard to know because that pic was a blur.  I caught a small skinny toothy on the Piranha.  I also got 14" and 16" jumper on the Piranha.

I was wrong about not getting a golden as this dude took the Swamp Gas.
22" Grass Pig
The fish looks better in the picture than it did in person.  It's body was a small and long.  I elected to release it.  I also caught a broken rod tip with two small Flicker Shads that were snagged to it under the bridge on the Grass Pig.
 I also tried the Culvert and Inlet after the sun came out, nothing doing.

No comments: