Monday, May 11, 2015

Rock Dock Tonight

17.5" Not the fish I caught tonight
7:30-8:45PM
Conditions- Light rain, overcast, no wind, temp in the low 40's.

Unfortunately I forgot to put the card in the camera tonight, so I didn't get any pictures.  The water was as clear at Rock Lake as I've ever seen it.  I tied the D&M Piranha, nothing.  KVD jerk, nothing.  H2O Jerk Shad had a good feeling bite, probably a pike get off.  Then I caught two baby pike, 14.5" and 15.5" on it.  I switched to the orange craw tube, got a bite and broke the line at the leaders double uni knot.  I was just about ready to leave when I got a 14.5" bass on a black/blue craw tube.  I then got a few more bites on the craw tube landing a 15" and a plump 17.5".  All the bass I caught were obviously pre-spawn females.

It was getting dark so I headed to Bulldog, where I had a good bite on the craw tube.  I got a good hookset, but the hook point didn't come out of the plastic.  Felt like a very good fish.

Next I hit the GOMH, nobody was there, same for the fish.  I lost the D&M Piranha that I had gotten back earlier in the year in the rocks. My stupidity.  It was a rough day on my tackle with line breaking 4 times.

No comments: