Sunday, May 17, 2015

Wet And Windy Sunday

17" Stanley Phantom
7:20-8:50AM
8:00-9:15PM

Conditions Morning-  Cloudy, no rain to heavy rain, light to medium wind out of the East, warm and humid

Conditions Evening- Cloudy, no rain to sprinkles, heavy wind out of the South, cooling off into the low 50's

In the morning the bite was on.  We had already had two good thunderstorms through the area the previous night and that morning.  It was my first water war of the year.  People were on the South side so I went to the NE side and immediately picked up this nice jumper on the Piranha.
17.75" D & M Piranha
I then picked up a 12" jumper on the Piranha.  I put on the Stanley Phantom and got 17" in the first picture.  I decided to walk down the shore to the East after missing a couple of hits.  I picked up two toothy's on consecutive casts.
23.5" Stanley Phantom

22" Stanley Phantom
I then got another nice jumper on the Phantom.
17??? Stanley Phantom
Didn't have the ruler along to measure it.

I got this mini after the wind came up stronger.

I had a 17-18 inch class jumper come out of the water a foot and a half and miss the Phantom.  It started to rain and I went over to the Sullivan side, then it started to pour so I headed home.

The evening trip started with me catching a small toothy on a D & M Piranha, which I then promptly broke off on a backlash.  Man did that lure go a log ways.  I figured I'd be able to catch it, but conditions conspired against me.  I started casting a Grass Pig and I got 14" jumper on that I think I may have had the line as I was bringing the fish in, but when I got it in no line.  Then current started rushing into Platte Lake to beat the band and the wind increased to about 25mph sustained from 10mph.  I managed one more small jumper on the Grass Pig and a small toothy on a different Piranha.  The dark clouds and the wind were ominous, but all I got were a couple of sprinkles.  No thunder at all.  I called it quits at 9:15PM

No comments: