Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sometimes You Make the Right Call

19" Terminator Jig w/ Powerbait Thief trailer

8:25-10:10PM
Conditions: Partly cloudy, warm day, but cooled in the mid 60's after a thunderstorm passed just to the South, no wind.

I thought about taking out the Slop Slip tonight but then we had a thunderstorm threatening around 5:30PM so I nixed that idea.  I almost didn't go at all, but I'm glad I did.

My first stop was at Bulldog.  The 5 bass (17.5,17,16.25,14.25,12.5) I caught were stacked up right in the last of the outflow area before the carp gate and they liked the Terminator Jig with a Powerbait Thief trailer.  Here are the 17's and the jig.
17.5" Post-Spawn

17" Still Pre-Spawn
A boat that had been trolling for pike came in to load, so I headed to Holy Family; nothing going there.  I stopped back at the access briefly.  Then I made the call to by-pass the GOMH and go to the Platte River Culvert.  I pitched the jig in on the West side of the North culvert and the slob waked and then baked it.
Gotcha!
The mosquito's were getting bad so I headed to the GOMH.  There was something busting minnows under the bridge, but I couldn't catch it.  Surprisingly the skeeters weren't that bad at the GOMH.  It was a nice night and the loons were calling and owls hooting, but my back was bugging me, so I didn't keep trying to catch that fish.

No comments: