Friday, May 29, 2015

I Caught Fish Anyways, And Got My Phantom Back

Loon on the South side of the Inlet on Sullivan
11:00AM-2:30PM
Conditions: Cloudy, light rain, wind out of the North Northwest, temps from the low 60's falling into the mid 50's.

I started at the inlet again.  I did get this one on the Outkast Beaver.
14.5" Outkast Beaver
I had other bites, but they would pick it up and let go right away.  I then went to culvert, there was only a small pike there.  The GOMH next.  I had a couple different toothy's bite at the Pure Poison and a 21.25 took the Fluke under the bridge NE.  I also got a toothy next to the cattails on the SW side on the Lunkerhunt Frog.

I then went to Bulldog, where I talked to some panfishermen at Holy Family.  He got a bowfin there a couple of days ago.  I didn't get anything at the access.

I decided to give Rock a try.  There was one trailer in the lot.  I had a pike do a somersault and steal my old beat up older chart/firetiger Stanley Phantom at the start of a long cast.  I put on the newer one.  About 5 minutes later I spotted the Phantom floating within casting distance on a long cast.  I tried to get it, and then I caught what I believe was the same fish.

 By the time I got it released the Phantom drifted farther away.  Then the boat full of pike fishermen came in and they retrieved it for me.   I got out of their way and went to Peavy where I got a small bass on the Pure Poison.  The wind picked up and I left to get my tackle ready for tomorrows tournament on Bay Lake.

No comments: