Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bay Lake Pre-Fish Tuesday May 26th

1:50-6:10PM
Conditions- Overcast, little wind, mid 60's to high 50's

My boater Todd Berghuis and I got out to pre-fish Bay lake for a few hours on the Tuesday before tournament day.  We started out in a small slop bay over by the resort.  As we entered the bay I caught my best fish of the day on a bluegill D & M Piranha with a green pumpkin swimbait.
16" D & M Piranha bluegill
We both missed a couple of fish as well.  We got by the beaver dam and Todd got a good fish and I got a Rock Bass on a Grass Pig.  We worked the point on the outside of the bay and didn't get anything.

We then moved to a near by point that extends well into the lake.  First I got a pike, the some rock bass on silver and white D & M Piranha.  Then we doubled on 15 inch fish and got out of there.  We went to the point where Roger got his big fish at the last tournament and didn't get anything.  Then we went to a shallow bay where the cover wasn't up yet and Todd got a couple of small bass.  We then went to a point where a couple of fish slashed at my Phantom but didn't hook up.  We then tried another point same story.  Then we went to another shallow bay that had a few more pads up than we had seen in the other one.  I got a couple of small bass and one good one a bluegill KVD Sexy Dawg.  Also got a couple small hammerhandles.  Then we wen to a reed point that was very underdeveloped.  Didn't get anything there, but as we moved into the bay there were signs of fish.  We talked to a nice guy who was fishing the culvert pipes.  I was hungry and we were done.

No comments: