Sunday, May 24, 2015

2 Hours for 1 Bass On a Tomato at Peavy

14.25" H20 XPress Jerk Shad in "tomato" color
9:40-11:30AM
Conditions- Overcast, slight breeze out of the East, low 60's.

It was a clown show for me again this morning.  Instead of getting up to go fishing at 4AM, I went back to bed.  I woke up at 7:30AM and didn't leave the house until 2 hours later.  Couldn't find the swimbait hooks, which were in deed in the bag I took fishing on Clown Show Night.  I decided not to take the Slop Slip because it could start raining anytime.  I left the house at 9:30 and decided I'd hit Peavy Lake first.  Hey I got a bass.  I also lost one of my bubblegum Ebay chatterjigs on a backlash at the spool.  Just got the one bite.  This spot has potential, how is it that I just discovered the lake has a dock.  Instead of going on to the GOMH, I decided to go home and spool up the Sunline Armilo on the TD-Z and Avid 6'8"M.  It's 2:30PM now and I'll be heading to the GOMH to fish in the light rain in a few minutes.

1 Bass

No comments: