Friday, May 22, 2015

Clown Show Catches Some Fish Anyway

The "Slop Slip" 
6:40-9:15PM
Conditions-Sunny, warm, light wind out of the E SE turning calm.

I dug my 10' Coleman Crawdad the Slop Slip out of the backyard and put it in at Bulldog Lake.  My tackle selection wasn't well thought out.  I didn't bring a hollow body frog rod or any weedless swimbait hooks.  Only pike wanted the Horny Toad.  I missed about my first 6 bites and dubbed what I was doing a "clown show".  Finally I got one on a Swamp Gas Grass Pig.
15.5 Grass Pig
I got into an area where I saw a couple of fish boil and got a good bite on a H2O Xpress Slush Minnow prop bait.
17.5" 
The fish tangled the flag so a car won't run into it because it hangs out the back of the Expedition.  I stupidly didn't put it in the boat.  Clown show, luckily I still landed it.
Where the bass were.
I had a really nice pike, I'd say 35" or so, follow my Horny Toad in.  I got one last bass (14.5") on the Terminator Jig with a Thief trailer.  The fish weren't nearly as active on the surface as last night

No comments: