Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Last Night to this Morning GOMH Trip

12" Glow Demon w/minnow
9:15PM-2:00AM
Conditions- Cooler today (66) getting cold by the time we left, no wind, pretty clear very bright moon.

Tonight I left Pete at the house with the turkey and headed out with about 25 minnows.  When I arrived sign's were that there were a lot of cars, but there were only two left now.  I parked in my spot with one car two car length's in front of me.  There was on boat well out from the GOMH.  I was surprised no one was down on the South side and set up on the SW side.  Two guys who were on the NE side left in the same truck.  Then the boat came in and dropped off a passenger on the SE side.  He said there were a lot of people fishing from shore getting mostly jumpin bullheads and toothy's.

Shortly after they left I switched to the lighted bobber.  I got the 12' silver as my first fish of the night.  Pete showed up at about 9:45PM, but forgot his rods.  He went back to get them.  Lantern Man, his brother and nephew showed up a little after 10:00PM.  The nephew came down by me and the other two on the SE side. They were out yesterday and had a mediocre night staying until 1AM.  

I caught this golden bullhead.
16" Glow Demon w/ stickleback minnow
They caught a few mostly non keeper silvers and Pete showed up around 11PM.  Pete caught a couple small silvers.  They left a bit after midnight.  I went and fished off the SE side getting 4 more small silvers and missing a good one.  It was sure another pretty night with loons calling, the moon, and mist rising off the lake.  At 2:00AM we left and checked the culvert and we saw sunfish and a couple of suckers.  Pete said he saw a walleye.  We then went and fished the inlet for about 15 minutes and didn't get anything.

No comments: