Sunday, May 03, 2015

Slabber Bullhead & Pete Shows Up

13" Slabber Bullhead Cubby Mini-Mite w/minnow 
8:15PM-12:45AM
Conditions- Warm (74), clear turning partly to mostly cloudy with some sprinkles, no wind to kind of breezy out of the W, SW.  Full Moon

Pete called me and I thought maybe it was 5 o'clock or so.  It was 7PM.  He wanted to meet me at the GOMH at 8:30PM.  It took me a while to shake the sleep off and I arrived at the GOMH at 8:15.  I was surprised only one car was there and they weren't even fishing anymore.  They did tell me where they had gotten some orange bullheads though.  I elected to take up the SW side.  There were about 6-7 boats in the greater SPRO with two down by the GOMH.  I had been fishing for around 15 minutes when one of the guys fishing in the boat closest to me stripped down to his boxers, jumped in the lake and came ashore right next to me.  Right then my bobber went down and I caught the slabber bullhead.  The guy proceeded to walk home.  Somebody showed up and started fishing the SE side and the Meat Guy from 2012 showed up and started fishing next to me.  I got two more nice silvers, then they got smaller.  Meat Guy was having a rough time setting the hook on them.   Pete showed up at around 10PM and promptly caught himself a nice silver.  I caught a bullhead bullhead and gave it to a party of bullhead fishermen on the South side of the bridge.  I also caught a small toothy and missed something that felt good.  Pete got a couple more silvers.   Meat Guy left at about 11:45.  I think Pete and I both got 1 more bite a piece before we left.

No comments: