Monday, May 25, 2015

Bowfin at Bulldog

20" Stanley Phantom
Rock Lake 7:45-8:10PM
Bulldog Lake 8:20-9:15 PM
GOMH 9:30-10PM

I ended up putting the Armilo on a TD-S because the two Fuego's I have in reserve have issues with the breaks.  I'll be sending 3 reels in to get checked out I guess.

Rock was a bust as usual now. I might of had one bite.  I quickly bailed.

A guy was bringing in a fish a Bulldog, so I went to the Holy Family access.  Right away a fish popped it's head up.  Dogfish didn't even enter my mind.  I had a fish swirl on the Phantom as I was navigating it through some pads.  A couple casts later I got the little puppy at the start of my retrieve.

After that I had a pike hit the Grass Pig and not hook up.  That pike hit the GP four more times biting off the tail, then completely wrecking it.  I cast the Outkast Beaver and the pike took that.
21.5" Outkast Beaver
I had a fish on it the pads briefly on the OB as well, but it got off.

I headed to the GOMH.  The rowdy bullhead fishermen who likes to catch bass was there.  He had gotten a couple bass tonight and a pike.  Nothing was going for me.  The water was up about 4 more inches.  I guess we'll see if it makes a difference.  Somebody left an unopened can of root beer, which I took and a Chatterbait stickbait lure.

Bass Opener Score Card
Bass 2
Pike 3
Dogfish 1

No comments: