Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Rock, Bulldog, and GOMH Again Tonight

17.5" Chigger Craw
7:40-8:30PM Rock Lake got nothing again.
8:40-9:30PM Bulldog
9:45-11:30PM GOMH

Conditions- Cool low 50's falling into mid 40's, light to no wind out of the NW, mostly sunny

I got out a little earlier tonight, therefore I left Rock earlier.  I started out throwing the new Slush Daddy prop bait.  As Grumpy Old Man Willard was pulling up a good fish swirled on it, but didn't get it.  I kept throwing the Slush Daddy for 5 more minutes as Willard and I talked.  I then switched to the breen Chigger Craw and threw it right to where the fish showed itself and the 17.5" inhaled it.  I caught 3 more bass (12", 15.75", 15") on the Chigger Craw before a Pike bit me off.  It was getting dark so Willard left.  I got a 14.75" on the black/blue craw tube.  I then went back to throwing the Slush Daddy and this fish crushed it.
Slush Daddy
17" H2O Slush Daddy
After trying for about 10 more minutes I headed to the GOMH.  I was surprised there were two cars there as Willard said nobody had been there tonight.  Turns out it was the Meat Guy and his lady.  I went down on the NE side and started casting for golden's which I got.
19.25" Grass Pig
I went up and put it in the car, then went over to discover who the fishermen were.  They had been getting some smaller silvers.  A car pulled up, so I quickly went and grabbed my tackle bag and went back to the NE side.  Turns out it was Lantern Man just checking to see if anything was going.  I had another bite, but it got off.  I think it was a jumper because about 10 seconds after it got off a fish jumped out of the water in the same general area.  I put on a crankbait and pretty much immediately cast it into the bridge giving myself a minor backlash.  I didn't learn my lesson and on the very next cast gave myself a major backlash.  I spent 20 minutes trying to get it out, before deciding to bring it home.  I tied a Speed Clip onto my St. Croix Legend Xtreme, which is the rod I was using for the Chigger Craw that got bit off.    I tried for like 20 minutes and gave up.  Meat Guy wasn't having any luck either.

It took me about half an hour at home to get the backlash out.


No comments: