Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Devin's Birthday, Bullheads, and Bulldog


16.5" D & M Piranha
4:55-9:05AM
Conditions- Started very cool 32 degrees getting up to 50, sunny, no wind.

I started out taking pictures because it was such a beautiful morning with the steam rising off the lake.



I started of the bullheads with my 2nd annual dedication of my first fish of the day to my niece Devin on her birthday, last year I was a day late and lower tech.  I got the fish on the D & M Baits Piranha Swim Jig.
Muskrat swims across prompting me to put on a Phantom for pictures
The Stanley Phantom
Since I had the Phantom on I thought I'd throw it for a while, even though I thought it was probably to cold to get a hit on topwater.
15" Stanley Phantom
I was proven wrong and got two bullheads on it just as and just after the sun was breaking the horizon.  After casting 10 minutes with no bites I headed to the SW side.

I got my biggest jumpin' bullhead of the morning on the Piranha right away.
17.25" D & M Piranha
    I missed an absolute pig on a chigger craw.  It jumped twice, then got off tail walking just as I thought I had it right next to the rocks.  I would say it was at least 19 inches.  I caught a few toothy's on the Chigger Craw and 1 on the Piranha.  I also got a couple nice jumpers on an orange craw tube.  Unfortunately I hit the bridge a little to hard with a white Stanley Phantom on this cold morning and broke it.
  I have at least one more that color.

I ended with 8 jumpers landed and 4 tooth's.

I went to Bulldog for a few minutes and pulled this thick 17 incher.
17" Chigger Craw
My biggest 6 for the morning where 17.25, 17, 16.5, 16.25, 15.75, 15.75.

No comments: