Thursday, May 19, 2016

They Were Biting This Morning at the GOMH

19" Grass Pig
5:00-8:45AM GOMH NE SW SE
Conditions: 60-39, Calm very light SE, mostly sunny hazy

I managed to get out of bed, glad I did.  First fish was the golden bullhead.  I brought the bucket today, so it's gonna be dinner for someone.  Next fish was a small toothy which also went in the bucket.  I am starting a hammer handle eradication program.  I then put on the Crackle Jerk Shad and it was AWWWWWWWWN with a school of jumpers and hammer handles.  I was catching something on just about every cast for next hour.
17.5" Jerk Shad Crackle

Head First
The biggest jumper went 17.5" and was the only one close to that big.  The rest of them were from 11" to 15.5".  Toothy's from 17" to 22".  I had gotten 7 toothy's and 14 jumpers by the time it was over.  I then went over to the SW side and got one 15" jumper there on Crackle and a toothy. I got a toothy on the Piranha, one on a Yabbie, and one on the Horny Toad.

I went back to the NE side and got two toothy's on the Yabbie and a 10" jumper.

My one regret from the morning was not trying topwater on the active school

I did go over and try Bulldog, but got nothing.

No comments: