Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Spottail's in the Morning, Got #300 in the Evening

Crappie 300
5:00-8:30AM GOMH NE SE
Conditions: 50 degrees, Light rain, calm

There were spottail shiners all over the place this morning.  My first fish was this golden bullhead off of the NE side.
24" Glow Demon w/minnow
The spottails were about were about the same length as a size 6 X-Rap so I threw that and caught some toothys and jumpers.
17" X-Rap (6) Ghost
 I switched to the SE side and got more jumpers and toothy's.  I was really hoping to get a few slabber bullheads on the X-Rap but it wasn't to be.

Evening Trip:
8:30-8:50PM Bulldog
9:00PM-12:00AM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: 50 degrees, mostly cloudy, light E wind

Not even a bite at either place at Bulldog.  There were two guys fishing the SE side when I arrived at the GOMH.  The spottails were nowhere to be found.  They got a couple silvers, then I got number 300, a 11 incher.  They left and I got a 10" silver by the tree.  I switched to the NE side and got a golden on the only bite I got on that side.
24" Glow Demon w/minnow
I know it's the same fish I got in the morning, same pectoral and tail.  I went back to the SE side and Peter and Matt W. showed up. I didn't get anymore bites and left at midnight.

No comments: