Thursday, May 05, 2016

Morning & Evening GOMH Trips Again

12.75" minnow
5:00-8:00AM GOMH SW NE, Culvert, Inlet
Conditions: 54-37, mostly sunny, light S wind
9:00PM-1:30AM GOMH SW
Conditions: 73-63, mostly sunny, light S wind

There were no silvers or dogfish caught in the morning.  I did get a couple of jumpers and toothy's though.
19" Pure Poison White

23" SK Spinnerbait white
I checked out the culvert and there were suckers swimming around.  I had a pike follow at the inlet.

Evening Trip:
I got to the GOMH at 9PM.  Not much was going on.  A guy on the SE side had gotten some jumpers. There were bullhead fishermen not getting much and a guy on the SW side who got nothing.  I asked the guy on the SE side if he was leaving soon and he told me he was going to stay longer, so I went to the SW side. Pretty much by the time I was fishing the guy on the SE side left.  Lantern Man's BIL G took the SE side.  Lantern Man showed up and quickly got a small silver.  I wasn't getting anything.  The Rowdy Bullhead Fishermen showed up.  A slick formed on the SE side which made it unfishable so LM & G came over by me.  The RBF got a 16" bullhead.  LM left at 11PM.  As G was leaving at 11:30 I got me a silver close in to the rocks.
10" Glow Demon w/minnow
I then proceeded to get silvers on the next two casts.  Matt W. showed up about 5 minutes later and I got another silver then missed one.  Matt was fishing the North side and got a jumper and a silver.  Peter W. showed up and fished with Matt.  He got the silver in the first picture.  I got one last silver and left at 1:30AM.  With the way things were looking at 11PM when LM left.  I consider myself lucky to have gotten 5 silvers, only one of which I kept along with Peter's fish.  One of Matt's friends got a jumper as I was leaving.

No comments: