Thursday, May 19, 2016

Plopped A Whopper Tonight

17" River2Sea Whopper Plopper

8:15-9:30PM Bulldog
9:40-11:15 GOMH SW NE
Conditions: 66-60 degrees, light SE wind turning calm, mostly sunny, moon is almost full and was out from the word go tonight.

The plan was to hit Rock first, but two guys were on the dock fishing so I went to Bulldog which I was pleased to see was open.  I started out throwing a sexy shad H2O Slush Daddy and it nailed on like my second cast.
15.33" Slush Daddy
That was the last hit I got on that, so then I went to the bone Whopper Plopper.  On about my third cast the fish in the first picture nailed it.  The only thing that kept it from being a 4lber was it's length, only 17".  It was a chunk and full of eggs.  I would have gotten a couple other pics of it but I ran out of juice.  A couple of minutes later I cast the Plopper practically on top of a pad root sitting right by shore and a 15.25 jumped on it as soon as it hit the water.  That was it for the Plopper action.  Next I went to the "tomato" Stanley Phantom and had a 15.5" jump on it on the first cast.  After fishing it for 5 more minutes.  I tried the Craw Fatty.  I missed about 4 hits on that and caught a 10".  I thought about going to Rock or Holy Family, but I didn't make the move.  I cycled through the topwaters a second time.  Something small hit a the Plopper as I was bringing it by the tree in that picture above.  Could have easily been a small pike.  When it got sufficiently dark I put on the loon colored Plopper, but didn't get any hits.  I left at about 9:35.

The GOMH had the Rowdy Bullhead Fishermen on both sides of the bridge and a guy who knows me, possibly the meat guy, trying for silvers on the SE side.  He didn't catch anything.  A family was leaving when I got there and they had gotten one good jumper, some toothy's and some mostly small oranges.  I talked with the Rowdy Bullhead fisherman for a while.  He was pissed off at somebody driving a Ranger who went under the bridge too fast for his liking that blasted off right away.  Eventually I went down on the SW side and started casting.  When the other guy left I was going to leave as well, but then the RBF left as well.  I moved the car to my spot and through the Plopper for a bit on both sides and through the Crackle under the bridge without any success.  There was very little noise under the bridge the whole time I was there.  Just a couple of fairly week splashes.  I left at 11:15    

No comments: