Sunday, May 29, 2016

Didn't Get Skunked, Didn't Get A Bass

8:15-8:45 Bulldog
9:00-10:00PM GOMH SW NE
Conditions:  LOw 70's, calm, mostly sunny, surprisingly few mosquito's

I didn't get up to fish in the morning because I needed some sleep.  Since the parents took the Expedition to run some errands tonight I was boatless and being Memorial Day Weekend the prospects for my shore spots wasn't looking good.  I decided to go fishing anyway even though a skunk was a definite possibility.

I stopped by the GOMH first thinking with the way fishing has been this year just maybe it might be open, but there were people on both sides.   I elected to see what was available at Bulldog.  Nobody was at Holy Family, so I fished there.   I blew the hook set on something that hit the Horny Toad and I caught a pike on the LunkerHunt Lunker Frog, so no skunk for me.

I then went back to the GOMH and tried to get something to hit the PHat Frog. I did have a small fish swirl at it.  The people left, so I went down on the SW side to see if they missed anything.  I got a toothy to hit the bluegill Pure Poison.  I went to the NE side and when the golden's didn't come easy for me I left.

Bass Opener Score Card:
Largemouth 8
Pike 8
Walleye 1

No comments: