Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Rainy Morning And Evening

Train Wreck
4:45-8:30AM GOMH NE SW, Sullivan Inlet
Conditions:  60's, light winds out of the SW switching to the NW, humid, some light rain and fog.

I started out throwing the Jerk Shad but after 15 minutes of nothing I switched to a Rippin Rap.  After a couple of cast with that the train wreck happened.  The X-Rap Box is the absolute worst box to have totally flip over.  I had it loaded with baits and it held split rings as well.  I got most of the split rings back.  It probably took me 20 plus minutes to get things sorted out and back in the boxes.

First fish was a 19" toothy on the Spro 25 Crank baby bass color.  Then I got this bullhead on a black/blue craw tube.
15.25" Craw tube
It started to sprinkle and I switched to the SW side where I got this skinny 17.75" jumper.
17.75" D & M Baits Piranha w/Grass Pig Jr. trailer
As I left.
I went to the Inlet and got a 20" pike there on the silver/blue/purple STX and one on the Horny Toad as well on the South side of the culvert.
Rainbow over Bulldog

8:25-8:50PM Bulldog (11" bass on the Piranha and had the Yabbie get bitten off)
8:55-9:05PM Rock (Nothing)
9:15-10:15PM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: Was a hot day now post thunder storm, temps in the 60's, very light S wind, mostly cloudy some lingering sprinkles.

I lost a descent jumper that jumped me off and had a couple of other bumps.  It wasn't happening and the bugs were bothering me so I left.


No comments: