Friday, May 27, 2016

2 by 2 by 1+1=2



4:15-6:30AM GOMH NE SW
7:00-9:30AM Mille Lacs Eddy's North Jetty
Conditions:  58-63, mostly cloudy turning cloudy, calm to light SE wind
10.25" H2O XPress Wake Bait
Not much was going on at the GOMH this morning.  I busted my pink X-Rap (8)  I got the one jumper on the NE side on the Wake Bait and I got a 14.25" jumper on the SW side on the Strike King Slither Rig with a Rage Space Monkey. I probably should have left for Mille Lacs half an hour earlier.
17.25" Jerk Shad Crackle
At Mille Lacs they didn't want the Whopper Plopper or Red Eye Shad, but a couple fish fell vicitm to the Crackle fished on the Muse Gold Rod. The first one came outside of the North Harbor Mouth and the bigger fish came to the North of the of the Harbor Mouth a little ways.
15.66" Jerk Shad Crackle

8:40-11:00PM GOMH SW NE
Conditions: Low 60's to mid 50's, Cloudy, light to moderate NE Wind, Perfect because there were no bugs
14.5" Poison
I was surprised no one was at the GOMH.  I'll take that every time.  I got the skunk out of the way on the Pure Poison and I missed a couple of bites on the Slither Rig.  I went over to the NE side in ideal conditions for some gold.  I got one nugget anyway.
22" Jerk Shad Crackle
Unfortunately that was the only bullhead.  It sure nailed the Crackle.  It was released.

No comments: