Sunday, May 01, 2016

Rock, Bulldog, GOMH

15" 2" Swim Shad
7:40-8:20PM Rock Lake
8:30-9:00PM Bulldog
9:15-12:10PM GOMH SE

Conditions: 60-40 degrees, light wind NE diminishing to calm, mostly clear,  Amazing Northern Lights and shooting star to the South

It was a halfway decent day.  Stopped at the GOMH first.  The guy with his daughter was there not having much success.  Those little bugs were terrible.

Rock Lake produced one small pike.
16.5" Craw tube

Got the one fish at Bulldog.  The guy with the graphics on his Suburban stopped and started fishing.  He got a bass and some sunfish.  He kept one of the sunfish.  Said it was the biggest one he's gotten.  He didn't know what a dogfish is.  He has gotten a couple small crappies there this year.  I think he might be someone new to the area.
11" Glow Demon
When I arrived at the GOMH the guy and his daughter were still there and one of the Rowdy Bullhead Fishermen.  The guy had gotten a couple small jumpers and toothy's, no silvers.  As I was getting my gear Lantern Man showed up.  I took up the SE side.  Lantern Man got the first silver, just as the guy and his daughter were leaving.   I got a bullhead bullhead.  Then I started getting some silvers, which I gave to LM.  Fishing was pretty slow.  The Rowdy Bullhead Fisherman who likes bass fishing showed up with his fiance. She was catching most of the bullheads off of the Northside.  I got 6 silvers total and missed about 4 bites.  I left just after midnight to make it home to see Fear The Walking Dead.

I'm now at 260 crappies for the year.

No comments: