Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Gold, No Silver And One Big Snag

8:00PM-2:00AM
Conditions: 62-50 degrees, Cloudy some sprinkles, Windy out of the NW

The plan once again was to check the GOMH and then go to Rock.  That plan changed when Bass Snatcher Chris and the Pull Tab guy were there.  They had gotten a couple of silvers, some jumpers, toothy's, and Chris lost something big he didn't get to see.  He filled me in on what is up with him.  He dropped out of the Snatchers this year.  He had a good size jumper break him off.  Pull Tab guy got a silver.  I snagged something with the Storm WildEye on the SW side.  I could move it thanks to what must be 20lb fireline.  I got it close to shore and the line broke.  I went and foolishly got the Tatula Rod and tried to pull it closer with that.  I broke off at the hook.  I then tried the trailer hook from a spinnerbait.  I broke that off.  Chris had a weighted heavy gauge hook.  I had a new plan and it got the tree close enough to where I could reach it.  I got the Swim Shad and craw tube back.  No sign of the trailer hook. The tree was to heavy for me to move on shore.  Nothing was going on as far as fishing, but there was lots of activity in the tunnel.

Those guys left and I went to the North side.  Current was moving pretty good into Sullivan.  I quickly got a bite and it was a golden bullhead.
18.5" Glow Demon w/minnow
About 5 minutes later the bobber went down and I got another golden.
19" Glow demon
About 10 minutes later I got another golden.
21"
About 5 minutes later I got this bullhead.

  About 5 minutes later I got another golden.

24"
I was packing up to go back to the SE side when Peter W. showed up.  I fished the SE side for about an hour and didn't get a bite.  Peter missed a couple of bullheads.  There was lots of fish activity on the surface.  The current slowed down, so I went and gave the NE side another shot.  I was just about to leave when I got a bite, but I missed it.  Peter left and then I did shortly after he did. 

No comments: